Thursday, October 13, 2011

Quiet Week..Sick Machine...


My Janome is sick.



I am hoping it is just a simple cold or allergy...I had just run out of upper thread so used the opportunity to clean, dust, change needles and thread.  I used a new 80/12 needle I just bought, one that is an "easy thread".  I also put in a new bobbin with thread to match the new upper spool I started to use...

It started showing symptoms (coughing bobbin.. stuffy, stopped up needle..runny, shredded thread).    

So I am going to try some home remedies.....I will change everything (sounds like a thread allergy now that I am re-reading this) in hopes that it will clear up the symptoms...if not, it will need to go to the dr....

In the meantime, my little Singer has been spiffed up and has been stepping up the the plate...


It is hard when one of your children is sick....but so glad both of them are not under the weather...that would be really stressful...

8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It must be a Janome virus - my poor baby is not well, but I sent mine to the dr. and the prognosis was not good. She is running in the mean time, but she is terminal. I have two other machines, but I think a new baby is due.

Mommarock said...

Thank goodness you have another machine. I will have to keep my eye out for another one. .. I just got my first though.. and it is almost paid for.

Wendy said...

Love the old Singer tho!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I have a Janome 11000 and it hiccuped on me this afternoon too - I was doing a blanket stitch and it wouldn't go back to the default settings. After I called the sewing store to ask for advice it decided to make the move back - I guess it heard me asking if it needed to come in for a checkup. :) blessings, marlene

Snoodles said...

What a darling Singer machine - bet she was proud to step up and work in the Janome's place!

quiltzyx said...

Luckily my Janome seems to have avoided this virus! It's a little Heart Truth, and it also has an older Singer sister. Not a featherweight, but a tan & cream 301.
Hope your Janome is better soon!

Barb said...

I sure hope you get the congestion undercontrol and it doesn't spread to the next machine.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Love that Featherweight. I'm drooling. Maybe the Janome got some fuzz stuck deep in somewhere, moved there while you cleaned it. That happens. My Janome hasn't been used much lately. I've been using my hand crank.