I need to try things like this more often. I finished this last night (Friday) and didn't get a chance to take a picture until now...
I randomly chose fabric from my stash, some of which I had when I first started (bought from Ebay), and others I have collected, most of which started out as 1/2 yard and under. I watched the color, but mainly just grabbed from my shelves.
The size is 54" x 60" with finished 2" & 3" borders. The blocks are 6" square, 7x8 rows, with the piano keys the same size as the ones in the squares.
I sewed the piano keys as leaders and enders, while I was putting the rows together.
The original pattern was a wall hanging in the magazine Small Quilts, Summer 2010, called Bloomin' 30s. I tweeked it a little and used EQ6 to determine the necessary measurements and layout.
This will be handquilted and given to my niece, who is 3 now...She may be 5 before I get it to her....
I am linking to Sarah's blog to Whoop it up with the other achievers..Come on over and check them out, too.