Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tour of a Quilt Shop

I found another excuse to go to the quilt store close to Marquez!  I needed scissors sharpened! And could do it while I wandered around looking at fabric I could not buy......

And this time I remembered my camera.....




I brought my 2 Gingher scissors to this nice lady who happens to live close by.  She and her husband travel to various locations and have a steady clientele all over Texas. Look at all the equipment she has... (including some behind her).  





No web site, but her email is bladerescue@gmail.com.  She even said she accepts mail-in business with a very fast turnaround....

So while she sharpened, I snapped more pictures.....




This compact little store is all in a 30 x 30 metal building...and a better use of space within I have not seen in a long time...

Just look at what is inside...That's Teri, behind the counter....busy, busy, busy.....




...and what is behind those quilts?....


A space to sew/work/teach.....Once a week she opens her shop to whoever wants to come and quilt/sew (bring sack lunch)...the boxes are for the 'Let's Make a Deal" shop hop that was going on.

The floor area around the shelving, counter, and other displays ( made by her DH, btw)  is wide and gives plenty of room to move around. It really looks like it's in a mall or in town.  

She is even ready for Christmas.....the unwrapping will be toward the end of this month.....



All in all , a very welcoming, pleasant place to shop and visit....

See more at her website here.

1 comment:

Teri Walker said...

Thanks Frances, I saw you last night at the guild meeting as you were leaving. Sorry to miss you, but glad to see you there. Thanks for this wonderful blog. Can you help me set up a blog account?