Saturday, June 25, 2011

Catching up on news....and stash additions.....

Greetings....we had a great rain storm a few nights ago...2.5 inches...which we needed so badly!  That may be it for the summer, the way the weather has been acting....

I am working on my last (notice, I said LAST!) curtain and have put DH on the alert for need of curtain rods....He is still sandblasting parts of a rusty metal trailer...I will leave it at that, other than....



Attack of the Red-Hooded Sandblaster

I have just decided I am going to make another bag just in case...I could use two bags and surely I can get one finished in a couple of weeks in time for my bus trip.....maybe..... will let you see either the cloth or the result later....

The first of this month I went to my GDs birthday party (1 yr).  We were early and stopped in a garage sale a few houses away...here is some of what I found ..


30 "cheater" blocks (17 x 17), already cut and ready to sew; a vintage sheet, and red,white,blue fabric.

I can make either one  huge, big quilt (85 x102 minimum) or 2 twin size quilts (51 x 85 minimum..maybe some borders) for beds.  Which would you suggest? ...don't know who will get them yet.. may donate them to someone...

Always wanted to try a vintage sheet in my sewing, now I have to find companion fabrics for them...

I also will find a good pattern for the other fabric...obviously a patriotic one (for July 4, 2012, obviously...I can't get it done in time for this year, )...

Back to my sewing...I promised myself to concentrate on curtains before anything else, so must get the last one done before the bag is started.....

No comments: