Wednesday, June 29, 2011

More Incoming Stash

Took a tiring trip to town yesterday....because it started with a drs visit, continued to Denny's to eat a late breakfast (11am or so), to Walgreens, Harbor Freight, Home Depot, LQS, tire store, Producers Co-op, and a Chinese restaurant on the way home.... to pooped to pop when we got home....so was our pocketbook...

Anyway, I visited my LQS....they moved a very short time ago to a new location,,,right next door,,, Lovely new spacious area!  Imagine a J, with the door at the top and the crook going the other way

Long, wide display area with walls fixed to display quilts all the way down....In the back & in the crook of the J will be sale items, the classrooms,  maybe a craft room, a Man Cave (yes, DH loved being in there while I was browsing/buying) watching a video of Tom and Jerry (his choice)..the owner is debating about putting cable in, but has started a collection of DVDs....  Also there was a room for the sewing machines to be displayed and tried out, an employee lounge, ... and more rooms to do as she wants,,including a delivery area in the back!

Must go back there soon,,,in the meantime, here is what I bought.....small pair of scissors, batting, and these.....


On sale, mini-bolts of around 1 - 1 1/2 yards,, half price......I may be using the sewing one for my ironing board top, but don't know,,,it is so cute...I think I have enough in my b/w group to do something with,,,,and hope to start a brown/tan/?? quilt soon....

See you later...am out to the barn to drink with my hubby......


3 comments:

Theodora quilts said...

Hello there and that is a mighty fun day you had even for dh and the fabrics are lovely , that quilt shop sound pretty sapcious and fun.

Stella Jones said...

What a good idea, mini bolts? I love the patterns. You are so lucky in the U.S. having such big craft shops where you can browse and see all the wonderful fabrics. Don't ever take them for granted, will you?

Wonky Girl said...

How lucky you are to have a wonderful sounding QS. There is only one left in my town and it is for sale since the owner passed away.