Friday, November 18, 2011

Acquisitions

I promised to show you what I bought on my trip to Corpus. 


 I gave them all a bath and they are ready to be used. 



In what and to make what, I still don't know.  The top one and the two solids at the bottom I bought in Corpus...just noticed that the bottom green one is folded so you can see the back only...{sigh}...try to imagine a very subtle green/brown tie dye...see below....

There was a little over a yard of the grey/red plaid on the bolt so I bought that as well.  The pink one at the top is going with my other pink/green fabric to help knock the socks off of somebody...

Other than that I was in sort of a "dotty" mood. I bought most of them in Giddings...


If you remember, I told you in an earlier post that the Corpus quilters had just come back from Houston with oodles of stuff.  Well, look what they gave me after scrounging around in the back room. They even did a quick tape-together for me. They fit nicely on the floor behind the driver's seat. (and I took advantage of another picture to turn the green right side out so you can see it.) 


 

I plan to cut some of them in half and use them as mini-bolts to hold some of my fabric...Some may be used as is for my larger pieces.  They are cardboard, so I hope to cover them with some sort of plastic as protection. 

Guess I need to get busy soon......

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have the green with the dots. I used it in a table runner. Fun fabric.