Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Update on Janome Health Status....

In the middle of October, I blogged that my Janome was sick and acting up. 

I wish to report, belately, that she is well and humming a nice little tune...No, I did not have to take her to the emergency room.. A little touch of home remedies did the trick, as well as a keen eye.


I ended up changing upper thread and used a brand new bobbin (definitely correct size), 

I was ready to thread the needle using the new upper thread (after I had filled the bobbin), and I could not find the needle hole.  It was very difficult...So I turned on the light behind the machine and took a really good look...
And found a broken needle.....no point......anywhere.....

Being the detective that I am, I realized the point had to have come off while sewing, hence had to be close by.

So I took off the faceplate, took out the bobbin and bobbin case.......

.....and there it was, laying there....

Remember how I said the bobbin had been jumping around and making noise?....well, there you go!

So lucky am I!  It could have gotten into the machine anywhere!

I put everything back together again, changed needles, threaded, and started her up...

and she has been fine ever since.

Still did not figure out why the needle broke, but maybe changing everything else solved that problem.

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You are lucky you found that needle tip indeed - and great problem solving!

Stray Stitches said...

So glad to hear that you figured out the problem and saved yourself a trip to the repair man. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Snoodles said...

Great detective work! It's always great to do a DIY repair, instead of a Pay-A-Lot repair! LOL Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

rental mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.