Saturday, December 17, 2011

Untitled ---or--- What Can I Say????

As all can see on the side, I have started another quilt top.  I am using 36 squares of the Layer Cake package I bought a while back.

The pattern calls for several angle cuts and mixing up the different fabrics to end up with blocks that are a little wonky. 

They are.


More so than the pattern shows.



An explanation is in order......

No, I shouldn't call it an explanation.....that would insinuate there was something to explain..



 
A Lesson of  Positive Piecing in Progress instead.....

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Things I have Learned During This Construction:

1)  When cutting 9 (yes, it called for NINE) layers, a new blade is in order

2) Keep track of where you are in the pattern

3) Keep going as if you know what you are doing

4) Believe in yourself

5) Remember, all quilts are unique

6)  Artistic design is in the eyes of the beholder

7)  All patterns need a little "tweeking"

8) Never assume you are on a roll....you can't see where you are going if you are rolling....

9)  If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all....but you can sure look

10)  If it turns out great,  "It was planned that way...."

11) Repeats:
11a) One repeat in a block is a problem
11b)  Two repeats are a oops
11c)  Three repeats = see #10

12) If  #11 is relevant:  Remember,

It's only fabric.

 


1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Ha,Ha,Ha - love your list and #8 just made me put coffee thru my nose!