Sunday, January 8, 2012

Am I Nuts? .... Opinion, Please...

.....or am I thinking too much....


As said earlier, I am in need of 2 pieces of fabric, plus 1 fussy-cut center block, for my Mountains wall hanging... again,  example from book:



Now, I know I can find 2 lovely fabrics which would fit together perfectly.  Any bright/neutral would do....


orange background,,,multicolor mountains,,,But what to put in the middle?  Maybe either one as the middle, with the other as the mountain and white (?) as the sky....



Again, either of these with white sky would work...but what to put in the middle?
Am I limiting myself with a fussy cut idea??? I really wanted this to be an exercise in mountain climbing, so to speak.....and not worry about blocks in the middle..

but maybe a simple middle block instead of the one shown......



Can't go wrong with red and black...flowers in the middle, red as mountains, and again,,,white as sky....


but I have the urge to use a couple of these, along with gray for the neutral color.....


 Either fish fabric used in a large block in the middle,,,at least 13" square...with gray as sky and either waves (cut either lengthwise or across the design???) or the green as the mountains....

Would like to get this decided by Monday,
but may have to wait.....

I think the fish would be funky, but this is a new design for me and I don't know where I would hang a fish..

But I don't want to be predictable....

Okay, main decisions:

1) fussy cut or simple design block in the middle....

2) should I add another color in the middle block if  I choose to go that way...

3)  or,,,,and I'm leaning toward this....use EQ6 and play with ideas...my group is going to start tomorrow on these blocks....they only meet twice a month...maybe by later on in the month I can decide and try to get caught up.....

4)  Rereading this, I realize I have all the ingredients in the red and black idea for tomorrow, and could still check out the others in EQ....


........groan......


2 comments:

lisa said...

I like the orange and other color a lot, but I'd use the orange as the black/print in the picture. Maybe you could use cream or white, whichever that print is on in teh middle and do a stitcharie thing in there, or leave it empty and use the green or another color from the print in the rest of the middle block....am I making any sense?

Tiffany said...

I love red and black right now, so that'd be what I'd suggest using. But the orange looks good together also!