Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One Small Item Done...


Finally DH and I got our act together and covered my small ironing board.  This has been on my list for almost a year, if not longer....Just something I never got around to.

Don't remember where I got the fabric, but it is canvas or some heavy duty fabric.  I cut a rough pattern and then cut the fabric and some insulation material.  I add two layers of  left over batting, one of which was comprised of 3 parts, not sewn together, but as it was the "first" layer next to the original board, it is held in place well. 

DH did all the heavy work.  Our electric stapler will never be the same again...it was on its' last legs anyway. 

Now I can put up my regular ironing board for awhile..I plan to use this one and the smaller one made out of a cheese board I made earlier last year.

***************************************
Personal Note:

I have been having some tiny health issues lately...hopefully will get back into the swing of things shortly.  Just found out I need concentrate on losing at least another 12+ pounds (already lost 10 in the last year!) ...am in the pre-diabetic stage and I really don't want to go there.

So, I guess I'll have to get into the kitchen a little more than I have been.  Anyone have some good simple recipes (diabetic) that they know about?  I'm surfing the web and have found a couple of good sites...

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Health first! Love your new look to the ironing board - I need to replace my little one's top, thank you for the inspiration.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Very pretty cover, I like that fabric!

I think this is a pretty good site for recipes:
http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabetic-recipes/

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute cover. Sorry I can't help you with diabetic recipes. I see lots and lots of diabetic cookbooks at the thrift stores. Maybe that will help.

Theodora quilts said...

Hello I like your new ironing board cover it will last a long time ,I might try to make one of my own,happy quilting.theodora