Friday, April 20, 2012

Side Roads and Detours Can Still Lead Back to the Main Highway

My main goal is still my B/B quilt, no matter what I am working on.....

I have spent a few minutes this morning glancing over my 5" charm blocks which I will use in my self-taught mitering lesson. I will be taking them along to my quilty group on Monday...something simple to carry and good practice time in case I need help.



 I may convert them to simple small table mats.  My BIL & SIL own a small winery and they can always use something to go under the wine glasses or on the table. 

I have 42 of them (2 each) so I could do halvies and make a small quilt also.. as it stands, I probably will only do 5-10 of them to start anyway...this IS a practice lesson after all.   Future Christmas gifts...???....

I am still machine quilting the H2H project and am getting ready to cut/sew together the inner border of my B/B quilt today.  Then, after Monday I will bring on the big guns and try mitering both borders on it. 

Oh, on second thought, we will be heading to visit the winery, er, relatives,  on Mon/Tues...Will have to take along something easier to work with....

But my goal is to have the top done on the B/B quilt by the end of the month....

No comments: