Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cutting, Measuring, and Embroidery

This is a quickie post.  We had rain and a power outage last night, so not much sleep.  I'm heading for bed for a rare morning snooze when I finish this.

We should be getting more rain later, so my plans today are to stay away from the still  unplugged sewing machines.
Instead, this is what I have planned, unless we have another outage again...


I need a full mat to cover my wooden table holding my sewing machines.  The small ones won't work,,,,there are too many tools around to mar the surface. I plan to sandwich and machine quilt this soft denim-like fabric....it should do the job.

    
I need to pick out the thread and fabric for a label which will go on my B/B quilt.  Hopefully will get this decided today.

Finally, these are just some of the pieces of fabric I plan to cut and use on my Odds and Ends Quilt I am planning.


I have decided on the design, but don't know what it will end up looking like because I am just going to pick fabric from my stash at random, kinda.....These I have had for several years and it is now their time to shine...maybe.....

See you later.......

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Looks for a lovely day - we are rainy/stormy, so doing a lot of cutting myself.

Snoodles said...

That will be awesome....I giggled when you said "random, kinda" because that is how I do, too! I say it will be random, but then I will put back and pick again if I want to!