Thursday, May 10, 2012

Some Things are Simple

BEFORE

Waaayyyy before...side extensions are out...they can tuck and slide under to be even with the middle layer shown.


AFTER

Staged, of course...



I finished my table mat.

 It is a simple mat, with plenty of poof to protect the wooden table I love.

 No design, no piecing, just a simple 3 layer sandwich.  I would say I practiced machine quilting with it, but in reality I simple sewed enough lines to be sure it stays together through time.....

Sometimes you just have to be practical. I needed the mat Now, I didn't want to be creative.....Maybe I'll make another one later on with a little more pizazz....

Oh, BTW, I am linking up with Amy's One Thing One Week this coming Monday...I just finished this one early....

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Practical is a good thing - don't want to break too long from that sewing!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I use hubby's grandmothers table, but, I put green cutting mats down, under the machine. Your way works, too. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Well done!! What a great idea--I sew on a dining table too. :-)

Is the black machine an old Singer, BTW? A friend's mum has one and when I was shown it, the inside of the box smells *divine*.

Hazle
suntred02 at aol dot com