Wednesday, December 26, 2012

What to do with Leftovers......

 Leftover fabric, that is....

Remember this Tree Skirt I have been blogging about..almost Forever?

I started out with these...


And used only the bottom two strips for the skirt...

So what to do with the upper pile of strips?

I realize if I don't come up with something soon, the collection of strips will disappear into the back shelf  void.

I snipped off the narrow end...the fifth section of each strip..it would be invisible anyway... and started playing around with them.  I thought right away about some type of table runner...scattered over a white background.  I am not any good at "scattered"....so I started bunching them up together...

And came up with this....


The angle is weird, both sides are equal, really they are...

 and it may end up being a wall hanging instead of a table runner, but it is definitely the beginnings of a Christmas Butterfly.....

There are 14 strips on both sides...The body in the middle will be a little bigger after sewing because of the seams, but it definitely has possibilities...

Now, should I sew each set of strips together and see where that leads me, or sew each strip to the white underneath.....I am leaning toward the togetherness angle.

Or maybe a Butterfly Angel??? Just typed the word "angle"....////  Nah, I'll stay with the Butterfly....

I'll make the wings and then decide whether it goes on a table or a wall....

I love these Sew by the Seat of Your Pants ideas.....








No comments: