Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year Greetings! Progress Report #1

Hope you welcomed in the New Year with a new bobbin, a new inspiration, and a firm resolve to tackle all the UFOs you didn't last year.

My 2013 list on the side will grow longer as time progresses...Last year, I had goals already figured out the first of the year...this year...well, I have some in my head, but I'm not quite ready to commit..

I have decided to try and strengthen my weak area of sewing....applique... I have a couple of simple items I plan to make and then will start a project I have been wanting to do for several years.. I am not going to keep you in suspense, really...  Just let me say that it is a wall hanging that a boy might enjoy... regarding insects...

And it may take me an entire year to do it!

In the meantime, I have two projects (almost three) that need binding, one that needs finishing, one still at the leader/ender stage, and several in the wings...so to speak.

Now for the Progress Report:


I really could finish this in one day.  Whenever I am "winging it", I have to get my nerve up for the next step.  I so don't want to forget something (such as the rounded corners of the wings, which you cannot see).  I am now ready to add the stablizer to the back of the wings, just wide enough to be able to tuck the black border under as I am sewing the edging.  I still have to decide where to cut the wings so they are hidden under the body, cut the size of the table runner, placement of the butterfly, and how to construct the all important antenna...

No comments: