Monday, April 15, 2013

Mission Accomplished - My Motel Sew-In - Part I

I'm back from a 5 day visit with relatives.  A lot of catching up and reminiscing..and sewing....


This was my first Quilt-Away-From-Home experience in a motel.  I was by myself and since there was a lot of down time between visits, I decided to take whatever I needed to set up a motel sewing room.  I not only took my desk lamp, but also my floor lamp...That gave me plenty of good light to work by.

Yes, I moved my coffee after taking this picture.... I moved the table away from the wall so I could watch the TV which was right next to it inside a walled cabinet...

I had two goals on this trip -First, to start putting together my large Wash Day Stars top. I have all the 4 square blocks done and will be sewing together the companion blocks as I needed them.



I really used my lap desk to trim the blocks...it took me almost all of one evening to do that...and those were just the ones I took with me...this is just part of those...


 Those circles were on the bottom part of the bedspread in the room....more pictures later of those...


 My second goal was to go through my magazines (some 2 or 3 years old) for patterns I was still interested in and put them into a plastic sleeve for a notebook...the magazines will then go to anyone in  my quilting group who wants them...




 I did accomplish this and the magazines will be distributed at the next meeting....

I am signing off now so I can go visit with my hubby this evening....I'll show you the results on the next post....





No comments: