Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Motel Sew-In - Part II




I started with the basics...laid out some of the blocks too see the beginnings of the design....I had finger pressed the seams which didn't seem to do much good.  I decided to use my little iron on all. That would help in the trimming.

The motel had an iron and ironing board, but it was big and cumbersome.  I used my little travel iron and the ironing pad I made from a wooden cheese board a while back.


One nice thing....I had a big king size bed to lay the rows out as I decided which ones go where and what blocks I needed.  That I don't have in my room at home.  It was lovely!  I even considered leaving them there at the foot of the bed and sleeping crossways above them, but decided that was a bit much....

This was the night I watched/listened to 3 good movies on TV as I stitched until 2 in the morning....



Of course, these circles kinda caught my eye.  They do fight for attention in the picture also...a band of circles on the end of the bed....

But I finished 3 rows of 38 squares  each.  A good start on a top. 

Finally, I saved the HSTs I cut off the corners in hopes I can use them later on something else..I will have a Million of them when I finish! 









1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'm liking all those star blocks. Enjoy your 'away' stitching.