Thursday, July 21, 2011

At a Standstill, but still Working...

I finished my Snack Mats a couple of days ago...I had made them to work on while on the trip...which I did, during stops and some in the evening.  I couldn't work while the bus was on the road...


I have had this fabric for about 3 years now,,,I bought it on ebay when I was new to quilting.  I have some other small novelty pieces that may turn into more mats...and I plan to make bigger place mats.  This may be a Place Mat Christmas....or at least partially....

When I got back, I had my fears confirmed....I am ironless....I had two (3, counting the small travel iron that I seldom use), and there were indications before I left that they might have bit the dust....I plan to throw one away (the one that fell on the floor and had a separation between pieces that was not there before) and keep the other one so DH can check out the cord...I would ask him to do it now, but he finished his job jar while I was gone and was so proud of the "0" number on the list, I haven't the heart to add to it for a couple of weeks....he is still sandblasting and I don't want anything unnecessary to weigh on his shoulders..

Besides, we are heading to see youngest GD and family this weekend, and can drop by a store and pick up another one (iron, that is, not GD)...

In the meantime, I feel I cannot start any of the many new ideas/projects I have whirling in my head without ironing fabric during the construction...So I am continuing to work on my room...

Pictures not here...must wait a little longer...

I washed and re-folded my new members of the clan of fabric and am picking up one thing at a time, looking at it and trying to decide where it should go...I figure I can stand another couple of days without sewing...although I have found in my stash/rubble some of DH's holey jeans that he wants cut off at the knees....so I could satisfy my longing with a small fix there..if things get really tight....

And then there is always ya'll to talk to ......

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Not at a standstill - you are too funny. Lots of goodies, even if placemats - and always a good gift.

Sunnybec said...

I so hate ironing, except when it's fabric for a quilt, funny that, so I would be glad if my iron packed up for a while!!! Though I suppose I would miss it when something I really really wanted to wear needed ironing...sigh. Hugs Linda

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Sounds like you are still plenty busy even without the ability to iron. Have fun with the GD and family!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love that title - snack mats. My three youngest grandchildren are coming next week and I think I might need to make them each one for the times they "need" to eat in front of the television. :) blessings, marlene