Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Birthday Wall Hanging is Done!

Posts should have pictures. 

So, just as proof that I did finish...although I know ya'll would believe me anyway.... here is a picture of my Birthday Wall Hanging. My Take-Along Project.  Not hanging yet,,,DH needs to find a rod and a Place of Honor somewhere in the house needs to be found.


Yes, you are right...there is really nothing special to see.  This is the back.  The front consists of different squares, each with a family member's name and date of birth written on it (DH and myself, our 3 children and 9 grandchildren).  Because this is the internet, I don't want that info to become common knowledge, so you will just have to imagine the other side....

I just wanted something to help me remember birthdays....


People have asked me What if another GC arrives?  Simple....They get their own special block,,,hanging from a safety pin at the bottom....well, maybe I can attach the block some other way.....

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh, on a personal note:  I came home today with 2 swim suits,,,,and they were one size smaller than the last ones I bought! Of course I bought the last ones about a year ago or so....but still.....

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Any new arrivals can get an embroidered leaf or flower - yes, not something I would want on the wide world web either. Congrats on the 'new' size!

Valspierssews said...

Great work finishing the Birthday quilt. Such a lovely idea. Well done on getting slimmer as you get older. I know how much effort goes into that.