Friday, March 9, 2012

Next......

Yes!

I am off the treadmill of Forever Quilting!

Now to the Binding stage. 

My GDs quilt and the Goodie Food runner are both ready to bind.

 GDs binding has been done for awhile...I wanted to use the fabric for other projects (which I have not gotten to for some reason???) and sewed it together earlier. 

I had chosen the binding for the runner (the same as the backing) until my DH came in and said he didn't like it....so I am having second thoughts. I may still use my choice, but am willing to mull it over for a few hours....can't use the food fabric, not enough to bind and make 12 placemats like I had planned...

  I plan to round off the ends of the runner and needed something curved to go by.

First I tried a large plate.......


....Too small......

Then I remembered something I bought at an office supply (drafting aisle) a couple of years ago or so......



a  bendable ruler...

So.....I bent it....



With a little bit of tweaking on the placement, I can then draw a line and cut..... 

....Later.....

Decided to use the white to bind it with....it looks good...just need to handsew it now...

Doesn't progress feel good?   


2 comments:

Cheryll said...

Love the "fruit" fabric you used. It's wonderful! :)

Denise :) said...

Yes, progress is the best!! Yours is looking good, too!! :)