Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Look - Christmas Tree Skirt in Progress






I only have to match the backing, straight quilt (walking foot) from center to outside on all strips, cut center a little larger, and add the binding.  In other words, I'm not finished yet.

This is how it may stay for awhile, however, and I wanted ya'll to see my work so far.  I am preparing to go into somewhat of a hermit mode starting tomorrow...working on a special quilt which I may reveal sometime in November...

Also some other things are cropping up, as it does in Life sometimes...more on that later.

In the meantime, the skirt has turned out well.  I do have some of the same pieces that ended up next to each other, but I can explain.  See, when I laid it out to place all the strips, I laid the narrow strips the opposite of what they should have been.  By the time I realized it, I had already put together several strips and was too lazy and said, It will never be noticed, what with all the presents under the tree and such....

I am hoping to make another skirt...this time using one design for each strip instead of piecing them.  I should have long enough pieces of each fabric to do it. 

I am also playing with the idea of making a circle insert to lay in the middle of it in case I want it to be on my round table instead....


See you later.........

1 comment:

Snoodles said...

That is looking wonderful! Great job!