Sunday, September 8, 2013

♫ Back in the Saddle Again ♫

I have been sewing, but away from quilting...

 I'm Baaack...!

I finished cutting my squares today for my plaid quilt and am starting to put them together.  The pile on the left are the ones I am using, the other smaller pile are my leftovers, or "just in case" ones..They are sorta in order, with cream/tan squares in between the plaid ones...Now if I can keep from spilling them I will be on a roll...

I have a couple of 4-square blocks done and draped for display...bad display, they blend in well with my string of 2-squares, but maybe you get the idea...



My leaders and enders are ready in the container in back, although I won't need them for awhile...there is plenty of continuous work with my main task.

Oh, I turned my table 90°, and have placed my two main machines on opposite sides.  Now I can sew on either one, just not at the same time....


I arranged my 3 layers of jelly roll fabric and am slowing basting...if you look close on the brown strip, bottom left corner, you'll see the thread...I usually use embroidery thread, but I was successful with regular thread on my previous quilt, and it is so much easier to baste with...Now if I can just convince my eyes......


BTW, I changed my keyboard on my computer...the older  and smaller one had keys that started sticking.  This new one has a numbered keyboard on the side...I don't use it when I am typing, I am so used to using the upper row of numbers instead.  But I now can type symbols, such as musical notes and the degree sign.  A lot of you know about this, and I did too, I just wasn't able to do it on my old keyboard...

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You make me want to play with my plaids.