Friday, September 13, 2013

Playing.....

I have finished sewing the plaids together to make 7 rows (if you can count 1 block each as the 1st and 7th rows).  I now need to shop my stash for the right fabric for the triangles and borders..so I am taking a break, waiting for inspiration.

In the meantime, I am playing...


I found a small phone book and decided to try my hand at some string blocks...I have been keeping strings off and on for awhile.  I cut the page down a little and just started... grabbing...



 It is now trimmed to a 6 1/2" block and the paper backing is off...


This is not a leader and ender project, just one I plan to do when I feel like it. It is fun, as many of you know...

I have done a few more L/E also..please note the plaid bow ties....


I will be playing with these two blocks for awhile today....

Just because I can.....

Come back soon.
 

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

String blocks are fun and a good way to just 'step back' for a while. Love the little bow-ties.