Monday, February 7, 2011

Progress....and a Stall....

I have finished quilting my tool quilt and am in the process of cutting the strips for the binding.  I am using the left-overs from the quilt so some of them are a little short.  Also, I am not using much blue fabric because that is what is on the border. But I like to use some..it makes  little "openings" for the border to sneak through.



I also have sandwiched my Mystery Quilt.  However, I only handstitch now and don't really know what design to put on it.  So it will be put aside (aht-oohh, or oops!) (how do you spell that, anyway?) for awhile until I can decide.

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I like your idea of a scrappy binding on this quilt. I'm sure you will find the quilting muse - sometimes it's best to set things aside.

jennifer said...

Whatever you decide, it looks good.

Teresa said...

Hey...I love your idea with the binding of allowing the border to peek or leak through to the outside...what a great design idea!

Nice mystery finish!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Lana said...

This is so lovely...you always have such great ideas on your site...Inspiring!