Monday, February 7, 2011

Progress....and a Stall....

I have finished quilting my tool quilt and am in the process of cutting the strips for the binding.  I am using the left-overs from the quilt so some of them are a little short.  Also, I am not using much blue fabric because that is what is on the border. But I like to use some..it makes  little "openings" for the border to sneak through.



I also have sandwiched my Mystery Quilt.  However, I only handstitch now and don't really know what design to put on it.  So it will be put aside (aht-oohh, or oops!) (how do you spell that, anyway?) for awhile until I can decide.

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I like your idea of a scrappy binding on this quilt. I'm sure you will find the quilting muse - sometimes it's best to set things aside.

Teresa Rawson said...

Hey...I love your idea with the binding of allowing the border to peek or leak through to the outside...what a great design idea!

Nice mystery finish!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Lana said...

This is so lovely...you always have such great ideas on your site...Inspiring!