Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pillowcases - the Easy Way


Believe it or not, I have not sewn very many pillowcases.... it takes me awhile to home in on the easy stuff....

This site and this other site helped me a lot.  This is nothing new,,,The idea is more than 3 years old....but I am linking it because there may be some "newbies" out there....or "oldies" like I am.  As they say,

Everything is new to someone who is experiencing it for the first time.....

These will be used to hold the Wounded Warrior quilts our group have decided to make on an ongoing basis.  After 5 or 6 quilts are made, they will be sent to our contact in San Antonio to be distributed as they see fit...and then we start on 5 or 6 more...etc...We are a small group, but feel we can handle this okay....

Since I have other commitments right now (baby/niece/etc), I know I will not be getting to the WW quilt soon, so I opted to making a few pillowcases for the ones others are working on...

I don't know why it has taken me so long to learn such an easy way to make them!  






2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We can all learn new things or even a new way of doing an old technique. I think it is a lovely idea to have a pillowcase to match with the quilt - and if that is what you can contribute - good for you.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have friends who've made tons (one is making another 150 for October for veterans) but, I've only made a couple of pillowcases so far.