Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Repeat and Repeat and Repeat - Over and Over and Over - That's What Makes a Quilt

I came to the conclusion a long time ago.....Making a quilt is a mixture of mindless repetition and stimulating activity.....

It makes your mind work and also gives it a time to rest. You can be lulled into automation and then awakened........

Well, you get the idea....

I am now to the point of  "Will I EVER get finished with this thing!?"

No, I don't mean....well, maybe I do mean... the packing laid out for that sewing machine for my sister in the background..... (sigh)




I'm not finished,,,,,,yet,,,,,,,but I only have 4 more rows to do....No, not those 4 bundles,,,,those will be one of the 3 borders around the quilt.  

BTW , aren't those clips cute!  Got several packages of 4 each from Harbor Freight...they are hard plastic, hold well, easy on the fabric and big enough to hold bunches...and they are easy to see in amongst a pile of stuff!

I am pinning together the last of my blocks from these...



There are slight variations in the piles....I have gotten to the point that all the 4 square blocks kinda blend in together anyway....

 This project is also ongoing....


  I am still not sure how I will sew the 9 patches so I am stalling by starting on the bunnies....sewing around them several times.... what's that called,,,,,,echoing, shadowing, ?????

See ya.....

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Such bright and fun prints your playing with. Oh, I have to get some of those clips next trip - I spied them right away and so happy you listed where you got them.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Harbor Freight is a great place for quilters to shop. Sew much fun 'repurposing' things.