Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dilemma - or Decisions, Decisions..

Nothing earthshattering.... I am making a table runner for Valentine's Day.  I have barely started..

It takes me awhile to absorb directions and chose fabric.  This time the fabric was easy...the directions were easy, once I understood them...

I have three colors, pink, red and white...

The pink fabric will be the border fabric.  No problem.  Red swirls on white..no problem.. White swirls on red...bingo!

My dilemma was that the fabric I wanted (red) I do not have enough of.  There is another section on each end composed of red diamonds on white and 2 small (red) hearts to go on the middle white fabric.. All that is cut and ready to go.  What I don't have is enough red to make (2) two-sided big valentines that will be attached to the ends once it is sandwiched and quilted.

At the time I was checking over the directions, I realized the lack of red so decided to use it (not white) in the middle and the white as the valentines.  Great idea!  Except...



when I cut, I accidently reverted back to the original wants...

Now,,, what to do...should I just forget the end valentines and just go with the red ones in the middle?

Or stay with my original idea of white valentines on the ends?

Or should I try and make scrappy white/red valentines on the end?  Or red on top and white underneath?

I'm not sure what the backing of this runner will be yet...

Nuts...I think I'll wait until tomorrow to decide, after we go visit my BIL & SIL and their winery... I'm sure I'll come up with a great solution by the time I get back.....

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Not knowing the original pattern, I think you are best to put it aside and just start with a clear head. Oh, a trip to a winery - sounds lovely. Enjoy.