Thursday, August 11, 2011

More Busy Work....and Planning

No, I haven't been busy...I've been lazeing around reading... 

But I did work on.....

...sewing my quilt (seeing the tunnel in the distance now)

...cutting remnants shown in last post (one small pile done, oodles more to go)

...finishing cheater top (easy,peasy)

I also have become reacquainted with EQ6 re: fabric scans



....scanned a few of my layer cake blocks, decided that 40 was too many choices..



 So laid them out on the floor (I really need to get another wall!) and there they sit until I decide which ones I would like to start with.  I may go with the full block/4 square block design.. at least that is what I am aiming for.

I usually just go for broke on choices and cut to see how they look, but not having much Oops fabric, I want to at least be semi-satisfied before cutting...  luckily some of the solids have 2 blocks..that will help...

Will let you know what I come up with, when I get the courage to pick and choose....

Am wondering...I will be cutting some of the blocks in 4 pieces (supposedly 5" squares), but these have pinking shear sides and wonder how much smaller they will really be.....I plan to keep the other blocks at their original size, but wonder if, after I cut the others, I should measure and and maybe trim the pinking off?

Any suggestions, if you understand what I am asking......

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I have to admit, I don't like the pinked edges of the pre-cuts. You are suppose to use the tip as the 'edge', but I find they aren't true size. If you cut the pinking off, then your beginning blocks will be smaller.

You know - I got EQ7 for my birthday (May) and still have not loaded it on my PC.