Monday, March 25, 2013

Been Busy.....

I cannot dig holes any more...My DH knew this, and still he bought some slash pines to put in our yard.  He has  been wanting to do this for several years and he has decided that This is THE Year...

As you can see, we planted several others right after we moved here....4 or 5, I think..3 made it and really grew tall...the rest didn't, they became fodder for the neighbor's goats... So he bought 13 trees last week.





He is slowly (or not so slowly, depending on how you look at it) planting them...We have a method, he digs the hole and I hold the tree/support while he puts dirt, along with mulch and water, back into the hole.  We started this process last Friday, have planted 7 trees and have 6 more to go.  Pretty good for two 70+ yos.  We rested on Sunday...

Now to Sewing....

I made my first Jelly Roll quilt...I didn't race, went slow, and this is the result..


 I used a Jelly Roll that I received last year for participating in the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge last year.  I may join again this year, but circumstances and time constraints may cause a problem...I am working on that now...more later.

I  started the winery wall hanging...at least I have cut the squares for the HSTs I will be using.  I plan to sew on it during one of the trips I will be taking soon.



And talking about trips....
I   bought a roll around for my sewing machine/supplies...I find I am going on 2 automobile trips in April which will pop over also into the first part of May...





Have to do Something to keep 6 children busy....

See you in a few weeks, Kentucky!

 PS - Enjoy the blue type, if it shows on the blog as it does while writing and previewing this post....

 






No comments: