Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thank You, Neighbor!

One of my neighbors enjoys machine embroidery....and sometimes she has leftovers.....




These are a sample of about 18 or 19 she gave me the other day with the instruction, "Make a baby quilt for the New GD to Be". 

Yes, Ma'am!

I picked 10 out, and to go with them I will be making 10 identical Nine Patch Blocks.  In accordance with my 2013 attitude of "Things I Have Been Promising Myself to Do", I brought out my Go Baby (which has been gathering dust on the bottom shelf) and will be trying the strip method of making Nine Patches....more pictures about that later; in the meantime, this is what I have done thus far....


Oh, the silver lines on the die?  Except for the goof line at the end, they show me where the cutting blade is so I can see if the fabric covers it or not....I used a silver Sharpie...

No comments: