Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Come Along With Me While my Mind Creates...(chuckle)

I chuckle because I have a feeling that whatever I decide, it may be awhile before you see the finished results (ex:  curtains.... wall hanging....).  I do work on stuff though.... really I do....


Anyway......I am sitting here looking at this...



I received the bright multi-vibrant fabric in a swap the other day and have decided to make a mat for my sewing machine to sit on... they are all different widths. 

I am debating on whether to incorporate some of the solids in my mat (table is approx 28x36 inches; so the mat could be slightly smaller). 

The solids are a FQ set of Koda greens that I bought a couple of years ago. 

 They do look like they would mute them, don't they...

****************

I originally thought white would be good. So I tried some variations..  These could be cut into sections, but then what would I use for the background,,,or would I have to have a background...hummmm....



oops, forgot a strip...


or have them stand alone with white strips separating the multi-colored ones.


I am using the strips I cut for my curtains for the pictures..they don't have to be that wide..

I could make 4 block squares and disregard their different sizes... it worked wonky on this Halloween square, which I haven't used yet...There are no set rules in quilting right.. (now to go and find the square I am talking about so I can take a pictures...hold on.....)



Maybe if I have some left over.......again hummmmm....

I am really tending using the white in some way..

Whatcha think???

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Well......I tend to lean toward the white with the stack coin type design.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I think using the white would be good - but there are so many possibilities with such pretty fabrics.