Monday, May 2, 2011

Random Thoughts at My Computer....

How many of you have satellite feed for your internet?  Not WiFi, or DSL or wireless..

And I know some of you have to get along with dialup..which is slower than satellite..we had to twiddle our thumbs with dialup also in the past, so I know how slow that can be..

Nevertheless, we have a satellite feed here in the country.  Sometimes it is slow, and sometimes it is slower...and sometimes, during a rainshower or storm, we do not have it at all...along with our satellite TV weather station, which goes down when we need it most...

So, to make lemonade out of lemons, I try to multi-task when I want to spend time with you folks, but haven't touched fabric ALL DAY!  What sewing task can I do while waiting for another screen to pop up? One that doesn't require thinking, or putting up or down impliments, or get too much in the way of my keyboard..

Here is the answer....


This is a slow way of putting ruffles on a curtain, but is it really slow when you divide it by 2 (# of tasks being performed::pinning & blogging)?  How many pins = 100 inches of fabric pinned to 50"?

Do any of you multi-task?

****************************

Have any of you heard the term, hootnanny ? 'nuf said...I am dating myself !

******************************

Worst thing about satellite feed???? no Skype to see grandkids with!

*****************************

I just got a Kindle (very basic kind) for early Mother's Day and it is reigning havoc on my quilting...next to, or tied with, my love for sewing is my love for reading...Up until now, I have tried to time my visits to the library so they will not interfer with sewing, or vice versa...Now I have the possibility of free books at my fingertips and the temptation is getting the best of me...

******************************

Finally, and this is not a giveaway, but it is......a puzzle...

(already solved......winner below[Sharon from Vrooman's Quilts], but continue reading anyway)

Can any of you think of a normal, everyday word that has 3 double letters in a row?? 

(ex:  abcddeeffgh)

  Now, logically, I know some of you will google this...I sure would, although I don't have to, because I have known the answer to this since I was in High School (a long, long, lllloooonnnnggg time ago)..On the off chance that there is more than one word, there could be two "winners".. The first one who gives any word that fits the description, and the one who gives the word I am thinking of...Of course, that could possibly be only one person.  First one who comments, giving the answer(s), will get something from my stash..I don't know what...  This was just a spur of the moment idea anyway.....

I guess I'll give a time limit......May 5th...so I won't be looking at this very long....

Oh, will I give you the answer?.....No, probably someone will come up with it....


4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

my word - bookkeeper - Oh, my look at all those pins! Luck to you, I am not a ruffle fan. Multi task - not really, I kind of jump from thing to thing - laundry can run while I chain up some pieces, and dishes can soak in the sink while I press blocks. I have a dedicated line for my computer, so no slow downs - been there, done that, and no more!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congrats to Sharon! I would have had to use google to come up with the answer - lol! I am definitely a multi-tasker. It drives my DH crazy sometimes. Your ruffles look great but they also look like a lot of work.

Myra said...

I multitask in my sewing room all the time! Computer, TV, and sewing... but it truth be told, I get really distracted with my computer...8-(
That is a lot of pinning you are doing there! Wow!
Congrats to Sharon for coming up with a word right away!!! 8-)

BubzRugz said...

Hello.. thanks for your comment on my post at Sew We Quilt... glad you enjoyed the food too!! such a lot happening at your place... I struggle with multi tasking ... always say I am a man in a woman's body as a woman is supposed to be able to..... sigh.... I can sew and dream about food at the same time!
Hugz