Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finally....My Finds at the Sale.....

I have been so busy, but I did promise you a post TOday! 

So here it is.....I blew my wad on Tuesday. (28% off with 1 yard minimum from the bolt) I really did try to have a method to my madness...or, a good excuse as to why I needed these.....

Have fun looking...only one was not on sale and I will get that over with right away....with excuse,,,reason..On second thought,,,,who needs excuses to have fun, right?  As long as the bills get paid.......
Anyway....

I saw some of these on bolts in the store and debated as to whether I wanted them or not....came close,,,and then I saw this...there was more of a variety here (42 5" squares) and I didn't need a whole yard with what I had in mind....




 
I already had these FQs (Koda) in my stash from a trip a couple of years ago or so and needed something to go with them ...



 So, besides the charm pack I got above,  I also bought these ....


These were mostly reproduction fabrics (is that the right term?), but I figure if I add a little bit of lighter fabric also, they should work....


I added this final green which was 50% off  (1 yard).


I have 3 or 4 soft flannel cuts I am planning for big receiving blankets and bought these for the backing...


Added these to my red and black stash.....


I already have a tad left of the one in the middle, but got some more,,,,really like it!


And finally....I went out of my comfort zone and decided it was high time I was trying something new...so many bright fabrics around (remember, this is before any new fabric hit the shelves...she (LQS) is saving that for the new expanded store....next month.....)


So thought I'd fondle these for awhile until I decide what to do with them.........

BTW, I am planning not to post for a couple of days (but you never know.....),,,I have to get ready for company this weekend...my DS and family are moving into their new house and are coming Saturday to borrow our truck and trailer... I won't forgo the computer completely however, will be checking in once in awhile....

6 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a stash builder. Great colors. Glad you had fun. Remember, that is the idea for quilting.

LuAnn said...

Well I like everything that you bought. I love that Wildflowers charm pack, and your solid Konas will go great with them. I have never seen that Black with the red and white. I really like it! You're going to have a good time with all of it!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Great fabrics...fun, fun, fun...stash building is energizing!
You must be feelin' the energy!?

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Theodora quilts said...

oooh! what pretty wildflowers,they are all great selections ,like I went shopping myself.

Unknown said...

fabulous new fabrics. Very inspirational.

by the way - I received a squish parcel in the post today and inside was the gorgeous fabric I won on your mini giveaway - Thank you so much for the fabric from Michael Miller (it is a metre) and so pretty. I'll be using it this next month on my SWAPs.
Gina

Mary Marcotte said...

Wow! You did really well with your wad. I especially love those black/red/white fabrics. Yummy and exactly right smack dab in the middle of MY comfort zone!