Wednesday, February 29, 2012

One Perfect Day With Help From Modern Maids......

Last Saturday was lovely outside, sunny, even in the 60s, so I opened the windows a little bit to let some air in.  I love this house and it's windows.  We have lived in houses where you cannot open windows.....never again.  There is nothing like fresh air inside a house...

It was also a Good Day!  I accomplished many tasks and worked on a variety of things.  I was able to start around 8:30am and work through the day, at my leisure, without laying down for a nap.  That was a big accomplishment in itself.  I usually tend to flake out about midafternoon, usually because of a somewhat sleep/on, sleep/off night before. 

Anyway, so you asked what did I do?  Alright, you didn't ask, but here it is anyway...

Besides cooking a lushious beef soup for dinner (I froze the excess....a quickie meal for another day), visiting neighbor with DH, sitting on the front porch with DH and a cup of coffee,  I availed myself of the conveniences of the modern world,,,dishwasher (2 loads) and washing machine/dryer (lost count of loads).

I washed and dried the browns and blues of my newly planned quilt (separately, of course, with Color Catcher); included a couple of loads of clothes and towels; folded all and put away;



(Don't you love the basket?  $2 from a thrift store...)

In between the loads I.....

 Picked out fabric for my table runner back, washed, dried, ironed, and sandwiched said runner.




Decided on size and shape of place mats (more later).....
 
Started cutting pieces for practice churn blocks (may make small quilt out of these).




Started handpiecing the last 4 rows of my DGDs quilt. You'll see it when it gets done....

Isn't it lovely to have the two "maids" doing your work while you play in the sewing room?  Now all I need is one of those gadgets that toodle around on its' own, vacuuming the floor...

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Too funny - I would burn out one of those robot vacs - too many strings and pins on the floor. But a maid would be nice.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What would we do with out those 'maids'? I do wish they'd move the laundry from the washer to the dryer, then hang it all up.

Denise :) said...

I had to laugh at Cheryl's comment above -- our washer/dryer is combined, so while I still have to fold and put away, I *don't* have to move it from washer to dryer! I am the dishwasher, but I enjoy it, so it's okay. We had our windows open yesterday afternoon -- there was such a lovely breeze! I adore your $2 basket -- great find! :)