Friday, February 24, 2012

Table Runner Piecing Done

I have just finished piecing the table runner.  Because I know myself, and there are so many pieces to keep straight, I snapped a couple of pictures of the arrangement.  I had to have two pictures, because
the blocks are easier to see.  I have learned in the past that this is a Big Timesaver, having a GoBy like this. 



I know this is a weird angle, but wanted you to see entire rows partially done.  I just happened to have 12 different food fabrics. This worked out well, because I had 4 rows of 12 each...just had to be sure that each fabric was in every row. 

So here is the result so far. Top is all sewn together......

 

I may round the corners slightly when putting on the binding.  This may be a Christmas present to my DS and his family (6 children, remember?) so I plan to make placemats out of each fruit fabric. That will give them 12 placemats.  Enough for company, maybe......

I will show the final, final result when I finish everything...which may be a little while.  Today I am heading into town to try and find some brown/blue fabric for a kingsize quilt for my BIL whose birthday is in May...That may take priority for awhile....I have given my LQS fair warning and hope they will have some ideas....it won't come together as easy as this did..... My DH is going to drop me off and run a couple of errands (haircut, bird seed, etc). 

Ha!  Just checked..BIL birthday is the first part of June!  I have a little more time!  May get this done yet!   But Kingsize????

2 comments:

Pippa Parsons said...

I thought you were going to go with pinwheels... is it the Farmers market fabric?? I keep looking at it and thinking ohhh what can I do with it...now i'm definitely into placemats and table runner yours is *so* cute

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The placemats will be great!