Friday, May 14, 2010

Caterpillar Quilt: Another Done


After careful planning regarding adding my binding(see Detours in the Round, 5/13), I did not run out of bobbin thread.. instead, I ran out of my top thread. Luckily it was at a corner and I had cut the thread anyway. This is a single cloth panel that I added the borders to. It is based on the children's book, The Hungry Caterpillar.


As I said earlier, I had to use both of my border colors for my binding to have enough. I like the way it turned out.....looks as if the caterpillar has been munching on the quilt!


1 comment:

Helen said...

Great quilt! I'm also planning a Hungry Caterpillar quilt... have the panel and some of the other fabrics that went with it...just have to cut it all up and put it back together again!!! I like your borders and party coloured binding, really suits this quilt!

Happy Sewing!