Saturday, May 22, 2010

New (Old) Member of my Sewing Circle out for an Airing



I have my MILs old Pfaff 230 that she used constantly. The other day I put sliders on the bottom of the cabinet legs and scooted it into an area where I could look at it. It is old and dusty, but I think I will be able to use it soon. I need one part that I know of (for now)...it is called the bed slide and goes to the right of the needle plate. I could also use a new needle plate...the one I have doesn't have any markings on it. I seem to remember that the remark was made that Mom had used the machine so much that she wore the markings off, but I can't be certain of that.
Anyway, this is the type of machine that will sew almost anything, as long as you set the hundreds of controls right. It even has a "drop stitch" lever. It says on the top that it is an "automatic dial a stitch". I think "automatic" in those days means something other than what it means today......
It may be awhile, I have to find somewhere to take it and get it adjusted and cleaned....and I don't have any idea where that could be.
Wish me luck.

No comments: