Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Crazy Quilt..and more

First of all, officially, I did not meet my 1 week challenge of deciding a layout of my D.S. blocks.  But it will come.

I did, however, get a few crazy quilt blocks out of the closet, dusted them off and put them together. 

Granted, there is a long way to go, but I have begun! DH is trying to figure out if I can get them all made and sewn together before the winter has started AND ended.....I can see him now, taking what I have done and trying to fit his body underneath during the upcoming cooler nights.....

Then, I have not forgotten my free motion practice.  I found that I cannot use the gloves on my hands, so  I have come up with a decent substitute.....


We used this in our RV to keep the dishes, etc, from sliding around.  I cut it down (smaller pieces not shown) and can put them between the fabric and my hands.  They do not move and I am learning to move the fabric.  You can buy a roll at any $$ store or Walmart or other places for about $2 or so. 


Finally, since I only have one machine, I have put the needle, thread and sewing foot all together so when it comes time to change everything out, I will have it available. I love my little bobbin holder on top of my spool!



No comments: