Saturday, September 4, 2010

Toodling along like a Turtle......

OK, I have my construction quilt sandwiched and ready to handquilt...it will go into Never-Never Land where I will quilt it and others at 15-30 minutes at a time.  No big hurry, can "sandwich" those projects within others.

Now, back to the list.  For those who do not want to go back and look, here is a  quick progress and the shortened list, as it stands today:

1) handquilt blue/white quilt - working

2) 3) and 4)  pillowcases and construction top (sandwiched) - DONE

5) and 6) 2 quilt tops to put together - waiting

7) and 8) freemotion and mystery quilts - following

9) crazy quilt - slowly inching its' way up the list.

My next project is to start sewing the blocks together on (5). 



This weekend I hope to continue working on something that is not on my list, and that is cutting my scraps into manageable pieces.  On August 27, 2010, Sarah from Confessions of a Fabric Addict wrote a post on Stash Manicure called Creating Order from Chaos.

I really liked the idea,,,she went a little further than just telling what size and shape to cut your stash.  So I am going to try and follow her example.  She showed how a pile of pieces came together in a nice manageable order in one weekend.  Mine will take longer than a weekend, because I do not intend or ever hope to accomplish that in a marathon cutting and sorting frenzy.  And I am not going to put the task on a list...it would stay there for a year!   

I figure working a little each day or so, 15-20 minutes, or 2 or 3 fabrics a day, will start to whittle down the mounds of fabric laying all around. Here is the before picture of what I will be working with (I have more!).   


 Maybe I'll award myself extra time cutting when I finish something or reach a goal.

No comments: