Thursday, September 16, 2010

Look What I Got!

Sorry I have been so lax in my posting.  This week I will have been gone from home on long/semi-long trips for 3 days(MWF), leaving only T/T to recuperate from being away from home.  BUT, today's trip was a good one.  I received a phone call yesterday ( Tuesday) from the LQS, as per my request.  Dr Seuss had arrived! I went down there today (Wed) and was the first one to cut off the bolt.  I wanted more, but when I added up the $$$ I nixed that idea.  Enough spent!  I'll get more coordinating fabric when I decide how to use these babies.....

But aren't they pretty?  I got 3 "panels" of the book fabric and a couple of coordinating fabrics to go with them.  I want to shove everything off on the floor and start working with these....but I am mature and calm and my cooler head will prevail. 

I'll wait until next week!

4 comments:

Judee said...

That looks like such a fun fabric! Do you have any projects in mind? How much did you buy?

Quiet Quilter said...

I may make 3 "book" quilts and use one/two of the fabrics as sashing or inbetween blocks.

I got approximately 2 yards of each, but the striped I got about 2 1/2 yards.

So I hope I will have plenty!..maybe even in an I Spy quilt or one that I call, "match this" quilt, where each fabric is used twice.

MarthaVA said...

CUTE fabrics! Can't wait to see what you do with them. :-)
Martha

LuAnn said...

I'm glad you posted those. These are sort of like my Wizard of Oz fabrics that I have in the baggie. I think I need those "just because". You could just cut squares from the panel and border them with bright colors from the panel. Those quilts will be so cute.