Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Some things take time.....

I really wanted to WOW you with a great post that would generate oodles of comments....but sometimes one just has to be satisfied with the everyday stuff...

And okay, so I didn't labor on Labor Day as much as I thought....

However, my scrap pile has slightly dwindled....



and turned into this.....






with more to come....

I want to add more fabric to the pile in the box, but I want to see it empty first.  Then I will really start  putting my other piles of scraps together into one pile and turn them into stash also.

In the meantime, I will alternate handquilting my blue/white quilt with this project.  I also promise to  start free-motion practice (which I should have started this weekend).  I have everything ready and because I am not piecing anytime really soon, I can dedicate my machine to practicing the next few days (if we just get rain and not too many storms from Hermine..)

2 comments:

Theodora quilts said...

say you really got yourself plenty of space to lay out those handy boxes ,I have limited space and it seems no matter what I do I still can't have enough space to lay them out like that, good job!!

Quiet Quilter said...

Theodora, I do have space to spare right now...however I am not using it wisely. I was so thrilled to get a sewing space that I jumped right in and started sewing. So now I am faced with trying to arrange it so that I know where everything is, or at least have a hint. Sometimes having limited space is good because you are forced to think of ways to store and arrange what you need from the first.