Monday, April 11, 2011

Another Element Added

My DB came this weekend and brought me this:


It has 4 chairs, but I will probably only keep 2 in the sewing room. The others may go around my other table as spares. My mother (and later DB) had used this as a kitchen table for a number!!! of years.  All wood, including the mechanism that pulls and lifts the extensions on each end for a longer top if needed. It is on loan as a sewing table for yours truly. Love it..

I think sometime in the past a new leg had to be made..see the difference in the two legs you can see...Nevertheless, it is in great shape and I will be protecting the top with a cloth mat as soon as I can make one.  In the meantime, I will put a top that I haven't quilted yet under it.  Without the side panels, it is just long enough for my machine and extender to fit. 

My sewing room style is eclectic in nature.  From chrome to wood to plastic....but I love wooden furniture!

Of course it was nice to see my little brother too (13 yrs younger than I am)..

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is a beautiful table - you don't see many wood extension tables anymore. And nice sturdy chairs, too.

quiltzyx said...

What a beautiful table! And to hae it be a family heirloom - even better. :D

Cheryll said...

Lovely addition to any room... especially a sewing room! NiCe! :)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome table...you can't find good wood furniture much any more, unless you go to estate sales. How sweet of lil brother to loan it to you!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

young by design said...

Love the wood table!! Looks like you have a nice BIG sewing room to put it in. Yay!