Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In my Room...Remembering...

I am still trying to work on the curtains..


I have all 4 of the basic curtains done..this one does have the ruffle (yes, I added a ruffle, and it IS ruffley (spelling?? even a word??).  I know I said a straight ruffle, but I got carried away. I sometimes wonder why I went this route, instead of just sewing the edges of a very nice looking fabric and calling it quits...guess I was curious as to how they would turn out.

I still need to add the backing and sleeve for the curtain rod, as well as hem, wash, (it has been laying on the floor at times) iron (saints preserve us, did I just say that!!??), etc...

I don't want to say that I am getting tired of these, but I am winging it, being "patternless", so with every new step, I hem and haw and think and waste time....

and this is about the only thing I have been working on except for this,, remember???



I have quilted one bug and am working on another, and then will tackle the easy part...the green..

But I am getting bored, so after I "sort of" clean my sewing room I will start on something else..can't show you because I don't know...I will continue working on the curtains, just not exclusively...after all, they aren't a quilt, are they? 

Oh, I mentioned cleaning....I ran across these (didn't really, they were in plain sight and thought you might be interested..).



(yes, they are poised in my pin bowl)..they were made by my mother over 55 years ago..yes, they have stems... I have been trying to find a good display arena for them..they have been residing in an old clear plastic Chanel No. 5 bath powder container with a lid (and how old is that!!) and resides in my bathroom...I have thought about a shadow box, but with what background? They are somewhat delicate (can be squoshed or squashed).   


2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You lightened up your header - love it. I haven't made curtains since changing my daughter from little girl to big birl room. You should look for one of those dome cases for those delicate flowers.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What about putting vintage linen, or a doily in the background of a shadow box?