Sunday, April 3, 2011

Need help on quilting.....

I have this prospective wall hanging sandwiched together and this shows what will be the binding....


I know I will do a random squiggily line on the green, but how should I quilt the little bugs?  As a reminder I did use crayola on the white, so don't want to have any stitches on it. 

I think I have two basic questions/decisions here:

1)  What color thread should I use? white, black, cream????

and

2) Type of quilting

As far as #2 is concerned, I have thought about basic simple echo around the main figures

or

simple parallel lines from edges inward toward figures,,,say 3/4" or so apart, stopping close to outline.

I want to do as little quilting as possible....this will be a wall hanging and will not be subjected to the wear and tear of a quilt...

Any suggestions or observations???? 

Oh, yes,.....the squares will be a finished 10" each, thus the wall hanging will be approximately 20"X 20" + binding....

3 comments:

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I had a similar problem with an elaborate paper pieced girl for my DSQ10 I matched thread to backing and quilted little swirls. I think you could also echo quilt inside your drawing in the white areas.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I think white thread and echo quilting would make the bugs 'pop'

Barb said...

What a fun quilt. I would use white thread and as far as the squares??? sorry.