Monday, April 25, 2011

Town Trip and Events

Last Thursday, (April 21), DH and I went to town to associate with the masses after a long dry spell of just talking to each other at least 3 times a day....("Good Morning,".... "Pass the Coffee"... "Have you fed the Dog?")..

On our way, we stopped at our mailbox and to my surprise, there was a coupon from JoAnn's for 20% off an entire purchase (sale items included!)..I revised our travel plans and stopped there first...DH found some odds and ends for himself and gifts for others....I very calmly availed myself of some St Pat's Day Decorations for 70% off , a few bundles of FQs for 30% off, 2 yards of nice flannel (0% off), and several other small items.....(Got some of the SPDD's for 90% off!) Cool! My grandchildren can wait one year! 


BTW....I forgot to go back to the cutting table to get the flannel...Just realized it at 5:50pm CST on 4/22...guess I didn't want it that badly....oh well..
 We stopped in at a local hardware store to look for curtain rods...DH, as most of you know, can make anything, fix anything (some things I don't want fixed), and tweek anything...

We bought 6 small hooks (2 sets of 3), spray paint, (2) 10 foot long pieces of 3/4" metal conduit, and end pieces to cap the ends of the conduit.  Thus I will eventually have 2 curtain rods to hang my not-as-yet-finished curtains up in my sewing room.


We also browsed around the local book store and imbibed in drink and sustenance..and escaped with several bundles of books and magazines.

and I got a new cell phone!  Understand, we are among the few who seldom use their cell phone. We use it only as a phone and buy prepaid minutes...which lasts us more than a year, usually..Since both of us have a phone now, however, we may start using them more often....usually to find each other in some of the larger stores where we mosey around.

All in all, a successful day.  Of course, after we got home, I found I had lost my new phone...it wasn't in the sack or my purse.  I kept it in one of the outside pockets....my DH thought it was funny that I had lost it even before I could use it.  I didn't even know the number....

Anyway, he went outside, poked around the car and found it on the back seat floor where it had tried to escape from this evil being who plans just to let it languish and grow fat with disuse....I proceeded to slap it in irons (its' temp. holder) and banish it to the bottom of my purse....



I then calmed my beating heart by eating ice cream we bought at the grocery store on our last stop before coming home...

As I said before.....a successful day!

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the conversation line - you are too funny! A good browse, good sales, leasure time - can't get any better.

Lainee said...

Funny post...glad there's someone else out there that forgets and temporarily loses things and yes the cell is a handy in-store locator.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Enjoyed your post. Sounds like you got some great deals at Joann's. I don't use my cell phone much either and go with the prepaid minutes. My DH and I have used our cell phones several times to find out where each other is in the larger stores - LOL!

Cheryll said...

What an absolutely delightful post... thanks so much for sharing it. :)

John'aLee said...

Loved your post! You are not the only one that doesn't use a phone very much! I'm part of that group too. My kids hate that I am not available 24/7 to them...but hey...I figured I raised them already....and really??? How many 'real' emergencies in a lifetime does a person have?
Glad to have found your blog!

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Too funny, and isn't it true how you get into a routine and do not talk to your spouse? Last night DH and I actually sat up talking like we used to and I really enjoyed it. I did not want to go to sleep, but alas, only he is on holidays this week so I had to put an end to our nice evening.
How did your curtains turn out? Great post, I really enjoyed it.
Hugs from your friend,
Carolyn