Sunday, July 25, 2010

Changing my Mind in Midstream....

I started this simple panel quilt earlier this month so that I could be finished with it quickly....it was supposed to be one of those "quick and easy" ones that we sometimes squeeze between two WIPs that are a little more mind-intensive...
 After I was done I thought, Ooops, too narrow (35") for the planned "giftee".  So I was in the market for another side border , which, of course, was not in my stash.  Last week, my DH and I went to the Big Town and I was able to drop by my LQS.  I found a good color, but it acted like a border-wrecker and insisted on being squeezed between the two borders on the sides instead of just being satisfied laying on the outside.

So, being the whuzz that I am, I complied with the fabric, ripped apart the side borders, and will be adding the blue where it wants to be....once I get it cut.


Now I am playing with the idea of adding an outside border of blue (not as wide) so that each original border will have it's partner. (I'm a sucker for happy endings).  That decision will be made after I see how this turns out , and if I have enough fabric....

No comments: