Saturday, March 12, 2011

In the Middle of Chaos! or....I've Hit Rock Bottom.....sshuuderrr!

The faint at heart should stop now....

DH has almost finished his new shelves...

My shelves are still in the barn....

I have started to move stuff around to make room and re-arrange....

Stuff that used to be on shelves is piled elsewhere so shelves could be moved.....


There's more.....



...and I'm not even going to open up my closet yet....

I need to take one thing at a time and say, do I really, really need it? and then decide where it should go...

but the new shelves should be in the room first...

My lovely old fold out desk with drawers will be moved from the corner to somewhere nicer and more accessible (have to...it's where my income tax stuff is!)

I have a lovely big room and am going to concentrate on making it lovely to work in...I am thinking of moving the two work tables (supposedly temp; as of almost 2 years) next to the windows in the first picture; computer has to stay where it is; new big long shelf will go against right hand wall close to corner.  Hard to describe when my mind changes all the time..

I really need a good working service to take the place of the two tables, but it can't be too wide, because I would not be able to reach it to work...

So if I don't blog as often, just remember that I am taking things one at a time and will eventually be able to show you more pictures...if not the after, then at least the "it is improving" pictures.

It sure couldn't get any worse!

4 comments:

Stella Jones said...

I love watching someone arranging a room anew and seeing it take shape. I know it's a lot of work. We did similar last week when we were flooded here in Knoxville. Now we are recovering and taking baths to ease our aching limbs. No doubt you will be doing the same!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You have a nice large room. All in good time, and then you can create in an inspirational room.

Barb said...

I soooooooooooooooooooooooooo love love love your sewing room...

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...it's coming along! Soon it will be the creative space you have dreamed of!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com