Monday, March 28, 2011

One Thing, One Week Challenge #7 completed

My challenge with Amy was to make 2 curtain "tops" for my sewing room windows.  I squeaked under the wire finishing them. 



This is the basic design for the curtains...I wanted to try my hand at pinwheels.  I learned that the wind could blow two ways with pinwheels, and I tried both.  Needless to say, the design lacks a great deal, but I am keeping them.  It looks fun, in a weird sort of way.

I will be finishing two more curtains and then will start "embellishing" them a bit..hopefully by next "Challenge" they will be hanging where they should be instead of on the floor, cramped by space.

I know they will make the bare windows look better than they do now... even if the wind blows two directions at once...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

your points are so fine and exact... very, very nice!!

Julie Fukuda said...

What a creative project! I'm sure there will be lots of motion with or without the wind. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.

liberal sprinkles said...

Such nice sewing! I like how it turned out actually, it's very retro looking! Thanks for visiting my post and leaving such a sweet comment! Have a great week!

Theodora quilts said...

those are some interesting curtains they will look very nice on your window,after all it is a quilt studio and you should have quilts for your window.xoxo theodora

The Thompsons said...

I love the pinwheel look. It's really nice. It'll be fun to see them hung up.